To ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, visiting restrictions are currently in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At this time, visiting is restricted for the Emergency Department, Diagnostic Imaging and Lab, unless the patient is a child or requires a support person.
Visiting Guidelines – Admitted Patients
(Information for Patients and Families – Visiting a Patient During COVID-19)
- One Partner in Care, as identified by the patient, is welcome to visit once per day (arriving before 8:00 PM), for as long as they would like to stay. Leaving the hospital and returning is not permitted in an effort to ensure we are minimizing use of PPE and exposure to patients.
- The Partner in Care must enter the hospital through the main entrance where they will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19. If the Partner in Care fails the screening, they will be denied entry into the hospital.
- The Partner in Care will be given a card by the screener to identify them as the patient’s support person (identification will be required). This card will be used to gain entry to the hospital for the duration of the patient’s stay.
- The Partner in Care must bring their own mask to wear for the duration of their visit, and practice proper social distancing.
- Visiting is restricted to the patient’s room, with no access to common areas.
- If the Partner in Care is visiting over meal periods, food can be brought into the hospital, or a meal can be purchased from our Meals Your Way patient menu.
- Visiting may be interrupted to provide patient care, or to ensure the privacy of other patients in shared rooms.
- Clean your hands with hand sanitizer or soap and water each time you enter or leave the patient’s room.
- Before providing the patient any food or medications, please discuss with your care provider.
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre is striving to be a scent-free environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products, such as perfumes and colognes, and bringing strongly scented flowers into the hospital.
- As part of our commitment to the health of our patients, visitors and health care workers, South Bruce Grey Health Centre’s buildings and properties are 100% smoke free.
- To protect the privacy of patients, visitors and staff, the use of recording devices is not permitted without consent. Please speak with one of our team members for more information.
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre is committed to providing a safe and respectful environment for patients, visitors and staff. We have a zero tolerance policy against violence, abusive and/or threatening behavior.