What steps is SBGHC taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff?
Hospital Entrance Restrictions
- Access to each of our four hospital sites has been restricted to one entrance.
- All patients entering the hospital will be greeted by a SBGHC staff member who will proactively check for symptoms and ask about recent travel history and contacts.
- Staff and physicians enter the building through a separate entrance.
Separation of Emergency Department Waiting Room Areas
- We have created designated waiting areas in our Emergency Departments for patients presenting with respiratory symptoms to ensure the separation of people with and without respiratory symptoms.
- To ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, visiting restrictions that have been put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic will be relaxed in a careful and gradual way, beginning on Monday, June 29, 2020 with visiting for admitted Acute Care patients. Click here for more information.
At this time, visitor restrictions remain in place for the Emergency Department, Diagnostic Imaging and Lab, unless the patient is a child or requires a support person.