Due to increasing local COVID-19 cases and to ensure the safety of patients, families and staff, beginning Thursday, December 23rd, visiting guidelines for South Bruce Grey Health Centre’s (SBGHC) four hospital sites will be updated to limit the number of visitors allowed in the hospital.
Patients can identify their Partners in Care to support them during their visit or stay as outlined below until further notice. General visiting remains closed at this time.
||Partners in Care Permitted
||Two Partners in Care per day (must be the same two people for the duration of the patient’s stay)
|Come alone unless support required for accessibility reasons.
|Family Birthing Centre
||One Partner in Care
|End of Life
||Please consult with the clinical team for additional visiting options for compassionate reasons.
SBGHC strongly encourages Partners in Care to ensure they are fully vaccinated prior to visiting the hospital.
Visiting Guidelines – Admitted Patients
**Please note, all patients admitted to SBGHC will be tested for COVID-19. For patients who have symptoms of COVID-19 and/or COVID-19 is suspected, Partners in Care can begin visiting once a negative result is received.
Partners in Care, as identified by the patient, are welcome to visit once per day (arriving before 8:00 PM), for as long as they would like to stay. Leaving the hospital and returning is not permitted in an effort to ensure we are minimizing use of PPE and exposure to patients.
- The Partner in Care must enter the hospital through the main entrance where they will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19. If the Partner in Care fails the screening, they will be denied entry into the hospital.
- The Partner in Care is required to wear a hospital issued medical mask for the duration of their visit, and practice proper social distancing.
- Visiting is restricted to the patient’s room, with no access to common areas.
- Food and drink is not permitted as masks are required to be worn for the duration of the visit.
- Visiting may be interrupted to provide patient care, or to ensure the privacy of other patients in shared rooms.
- Clean your hands with hand sanitizer or soap and water each time you enter or leave the patient’s room.
- Before providing the patient any food or medications, please discuss with your care provider.
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre is striving to be a scent-free environment. Please refrain from wearing scented products, such as perfumes and colognes, and bringing strongly scented flowers into the hospital.
- As part of our commitment to the health of our patients, visitors and health care workers, South Bruce Grey Health Centre’s buildings and properties are 100% smoke free.
- To protect the privacy of patients, visitors and staff, the use of recording devices is not permitted without consent. Please speak with one of our team members for more information.
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre is committed to providing a safe and respectful environment for patients, visitors and staff. We have a zero tolerance policy against violence, abusive and/or threatening behavior.